5/25/2014

Real Presence: How Do You Show Reverence?

Recently, I heard a story about Fr. Benedict Groeschel, CFR. He was traveling with a Protestant minister in a car and, when they passed a Catholic Church, Fr. Benedict made the Sign of the Cross. The minister asked him why he did this. Fr. ...Benedict explained that it was out of reverence for Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament. The minister told him, if I believed what you believe, I would get out of the car, run inside the church, fall on my knees and never get up again.

With regard to having faith in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, I found the story interesting and thought provoking. I am sure Fr. Benedict Groeshel believes in the Real Presence!

1 comment:

  1. I used to think making the sign of the cross when passing a Catholic church was a superstitious habit. This puts it into perspective. Very thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete