3/17/2009

Let Us Fall Facedown

Do we take Christ’s real presence in the Eucharist for granted? I for one have certainly been guilty of this at times as indicated by my posture and dress while in His presence at Mass.

How do we prepare to enter into the presence of our Savior, the Creator of the universe, who humbled Himself and gave His life out of love for us?

What is our demeanor? How are we dressed? How much reverence do we display as we enter into the presence of Jesus?

Is our lack of reverence an indication of a lack of faith that Christ is really present in the Eucharist?

When we enter our churches; when we are at Mass; or when we are at Eucharistic adoration, let us never forget that we are in the presence of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Let us give Jesus the respect, adoration, and reverence He so rightly deserves!

My evangelical friends once introduced me to a great Christian musician and songwriter from England by the name of Matt Redman.

Whenever I think of Christ’s presence in the Eucharist, I think of a song by Matt Redman called Facedown. The words are so appropriate in describing how all of us should act in the presence of our Savior!

View the video and listen to the song and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment